Cornish Cycle Tours is committed to protecting your privacy, and complies with the principles of the relevant data protection regulations.
Personal Data we collect
- When tour bookings are made either online or on the telephone, you will be asked to provide certain information, including your name, contact details, and credit or debit card information.
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website.
- For the purpose of email marketing, we collect names and email address of those that wish to receive our email newsletter. This information is collected via a sign-up form on our website.
How we use personal data
- Your information will enable us to supply the services you have requested, and to bill you for these services. Your information may also be used to contact you concerning your booking.
- Your email address may be used to keep you informed about relevant news and offers, as we believe there to be a legitimate interest. You can of course unsubscribe to these emails at any time.
- For those that have consented to email marketing, we use names and email addresses so that we can keep people informed about relevant news and offers. We may also use physical address data to ensure the emails are as relevant as possible.
- These emails will only ever be sent to people that have chosen to receive them or have booked a tour with us, and we always make sure the content is interesting and relevant.
Who we share personal data with and why
- Some of the information provided to us may be accessed by third parties, some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area. These third parties act for us for the purposes outlined in this policy, processing information, processing credit card payments, and providing support services on our behalf.
- Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
How you can access and update your information
If you’d like to know what data we hold or to update your details, please contact [email protected].
Your data and your rights
You can withdraw consent for us to use your data at any time. This can be done by contacting [email protected].
Our Security and your data
We take data security very seriously, and take measures to ensure our systems are as secure as possible.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Reviewing the Policy
This policy will be reviewed annually. Any changes will be posted on this page.